Monday, July 26, 2010

Spaghetti Venkatano

This is roughly how I make pasta most of the time. Being a vegan, I can't use cheese and I am not a big fan of olive oil. However I like the variety of colours and flavours vegetables can offer. So here I go..

Ingredients


Spaghetti - 15-20 long sticks
Oil - 1 tablespoon
A variety of vegetables - 1 cup
(in the above pictured one I used chopped capsicum, zucchini, beans, corn, carrots, broccoli)
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
Oregano - 1 teaspoon
Chopped tomatoes / tomato sauce - half cup
Salt - to taste

Procedure

1. Boil water in a wide bottomed pan, add pasta and half teaspoon salt and cook till it is al dente.
(It will be a sin if I don't use that jargon in a pasta recipe :-) Basically it means the pasta is cooked but still firm with a small raw core)

2. On another pan, add oil and heat it.

3. Fry the veggies with the seasonings in the oil.

4. Retain some water from the pasta and drain the rest.

5. Add a little water to the vegetables and cook covered for 2 minutes.

6. Add the tomatoes / tomato sauce and simmer for sometime

7. Serve the sauce over the spaghetti and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment