Raita is a yoghurt based "dip" that goes well with Biriyani, Fried Rice, Pulav / Pilaf. It is also delicious like a dessert.
- Unsweetened Soy Yoghurt - 1 cup
- Cucumber, finely chopped - 1/4 cup
- Carrots, grated - 1/4 cup
- Tomatoes, finely diced - 1/4 cup
- Coriander (Cilantro), chopped - 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies, finely diced Or Black pepper - to taste
- Salt to taste
- Mix together the vegetables, salt and yoghurt
- For best results let the raita settle for about 10 minutes and extract the flavours of the vegetables.